Allstate is one of the largest insurance providers in the US. Probably the most outstanding feature that they offer is a claim satisfaction guarantee for car insurance claims. I find this a refreshing approach to insurance, as in my experience most insurance companies tend to treat me more like a would-be fraudster than a valued customer. Add to this other top features like DRIVEWISE®, which makes use of technology to reward safe drivers with lower premiums, and you have what in my opinion is one of the best car insurance providers around. If you are looking for life insurance then I think you will find their LIFETREK tool useful since it helps you find the right type of life insurance to suit your needs.
Features We Like:
DRIVEWISE®. This program lets you install a little device in your car that monitors your driving habits like what time you drive, how you use the brakes, your average speed, and so on. If you consistently drive safely, your premiums will go down by an average of 15%. If you only drive during low risk hours (at night) you can save up to 30%. You can also monitor your driving habits (according to the device) on the program's website.
Claim satisfaction guarantee. Insurance and full customer satisfaction don't usually appear in the same line, so this move from Allstate certainly has my vote. If you aren't completely satisfied with the service received when making a car insurance claim, you can write and let them know within 180 days of filing the claim. They will make good by giving you a credit of up to 6 months on the premium you pay for your car. This guarantee is now available in most states.
Auto repairs guarantee. When your car is repaired at an Allstate Good Hands® Repair Network partner workshop the work is guaranteed for as long as you own your car.
Online claims. Their MyAccount service lets you file a claim online, schedule an inspection, pay insurance-related bills and more at any time of day.
Types Of Coverage:
Car insurance. Like other car insurance providers, the amount of coverage and the premiums you pay will change from policy to policy. While getting a newer car, or equipping your car with certain safety features costs money, it may well be worth it when you look at long-term savings on your premium. Let's take a look at the discounts they offer, and what you have to do to get them:
- Save up to 30% if your car came from the factory with motorized seatbelts and airbags.
- Receive up to a 10% discount if your car is equipped with anti-lock brakes.
- Save up to 10% by installing an anti-theft device.
- Make up to 30% savings if you bought the car new.
- Get up to 10% off your premium if you drive an economy car.
- Set up an automatic withdrawal for your payments and save up to 5%.
If the vehicle is used primarily for ranch or farm work you can save up to an additional 10%. And if it's a utility car, you could save up to 15%. Another way to save is by using Allstate for other insurance coverage. For example, you save up to 10% on your car insurance if you get homeowner's or renter's insurance from them as well. Like many other car insurers, with Allstate you save up to 10% if you pay for your policy up front. If you can afford it, this can save you a lot of money.
Motorcycle insurance. This company will replace your totaled or stolen bike with a brand new one. Many other insurance providers refund you with an estimated cash value, which won't usually be enough to get a new bike. You can save money on your premiums with these discounts:
- Enjoy up to 30% off if you get more than one policy with them (car, life, homeowners, etc).
- Get a discount of up to 5% if you attend a credible motorcycle safe driving course.
- Benefit from up to 10% off liability premiums if you belong to an eligible motorbike club.
- Save up to 10% if you remain accident and traffic violation free for 60 months (5 years).
- Get a discount of up to 35% when you insure more than one motorbike.
Boat insurance. This insurance comes in premier and premier plus packages, with the plus option offering added benefits. Get medical payment coverage for you and others when in your boat, liability coverage, coverage for damages to your boat, and even repair cost coverage. You also get covered if you or your boat are damaged by uninsured boaters. Here are a few ways you can save on boat insurance:
- Save up to 20% if you get other policies with them (car insurance, etc).
- Save up to 10% when you pay for your policy up front.
- Save up to 5% if you take a boat safety course.
- Save up to 5% when you use automatic bank payments to pay your premium.
Coverage for other vehicles includes 4x4 insurance, snowmobile insurance, motorhome insurance, and ATV insurance.
Homeowner's insurance. In addition to the coverage you receive for your home and all the belongings inside of it, Allstate has a few more useful features. One of these is their Claim RateGuard which insures that rates remain the same after you make a claim. Another benefit is that they will give you up to 5% back if you don't make a claim during a policy period. If nobody in your house smokes, you may be liable for an added discount. If you are forced to move out of your home due to a covered hazard, you will also be able to get reimbursement for the cost of temporary accommodation.
If you plan to rent your home out, you can get landlord insurance which starts at $50 per month. If your property is damaged by a covered loss and the people renting it have to move out, this insurance will cover the rental payments that you would have received from them if the disaster had not happened. You also get coverage against structural damage for your home and other buildings on the property.
Renter's insurance covers your belongings in the event of fire or theft, and also provides liability coverage for injuries or property damage that occur in your home. If you want to save money on an Allstate renter's insurance:
- Get a car insurance policy with Allstate. You'll pay around $4 more each month to get renter's insurance with them.
Life insurance policies offered by Allstate include whole life, term life, universal life and variable life insurance. You can use their excellent LIFETREK tool to work out which type of life insurance policy will help you meet your goals.
Health insurance. Allstate offers supplementary health insurance options that could provide the coverage you'd need in the worst case scenario. These specific insurance options can cover costs that aren't covered by your primary health insurance. I'll list the supplementary insurances they offer here:
- Accident insurance helps cover charges for work-related accidents that aren't covered by your employers accident insurance, as well as non work-related injuries.
- Cancer insurance helps you pay treatment charges that aren't covered by your primary health insurance.
- Disability insurance pays a cash benefit of up to 60% of your working income if you are hit with an unexpected disability.
- Critical illness insurance will pay out a lump sum to help cover the costs related to being diagnosed with a critical illness.
Allstate is a customer focused insurance provider. It offers you plenty of ways to get good discounts on your car and motorcycle insurance. Its claim satisfaction guarantee is an industry first, and if you do decide to get the solid coverage provided by this insurer, then I recommend you take full advantage of this guarantee.